So now I can have fun. And what better way than playing catch-up through Linky Parties =D
Currently
I have to admit something. Please don't judge me.
I did the most repulsive snort laugh reading Farley's Currently April!
How funny is her super power!
Anywho, here's my Currently.
And now, I find myself pacing around the house, lost. What do I do now that I have finished it?! Will life ever be the same?
A friend of mine and I were talking. We have a basic plan to cope with the withdrawals.
1. Marry Peeta.
2. Re-read the books.
3. Watch the movie (this is what I'm doing with her on Friday).
4. Stalk YouTube for anything Hunger Games related.
To those people who urged me to read the books, thank you. But I must know what your strategies for dealing with this? Heeeeeeeeeelp me!!
Survey Says
Head on over to 5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules for the Survey Says Linky Party. We're all sharing a bit more about ourselves.
Here's my info.
1. Are you married, do you have a bf, or are you flying free as a single lady/man?
Single lady.
2. Where did you grow up?
Gold Coast, Australia.
3. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what is his/her name?
Yes, Indiana. He's one of the kittens from Mum's cat. Indiana is my little explorer <3
4. What is a favorite tv show you are embarrassed to admit to watching?
Masterchef. The irony is that I don't cook too well. I reheat like a pro though.
5. Are you a saver or a spender?
I'm a total spender. Oopsie! Must earn more!!
6. What is your favorite children's book?
The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister.
7. Were you the class clown, teacher's pet, or neither?
A total teacher's pet. I aimed to please.
8. Who is your favorite athletic team?
Gryffindor Quidditch team. Muggle sports ain't my thing.
9. Where did you go on your last REALLY fun vacation?
Hawaii (February, 2011). Shopping, dining, gorrrrrgeous Polynesian boys.
(sipping cocktails at Duke's)
10. Who is your favorite actor? Actress?
Liam Neeson and Natalie Portman.
11. Tell about the last time you cried because you were happy.
My little brother got me so choked up with a beautiful birthday card and cuddle.
12. What is your favorite season?
Winter (which only goes down to 19oC/66oF). I love scarves and jumpers.
13. What is your biggest regret?
That I was not careful with my money (before Uni) when I was working. I find it so hard now.
14. What food do you just NOT like at all?
Red meat. It's the smell. I could have the tiniest bit if it were drenched in sauce.
My this is not my own question... I couldn't think of one.
15. Who was your most memorable teacher, and why?
I had so many great teachers. But I guess the most memorable was my Year 6 teacher. She had a reputation for being super scary and mean. Meeting her that first day, I could not believe my luck. Why wasn't I with a nice teacher?! Turns out, that all this was an act. She loved scaring kiddies. I know, it sounds disturbing. But it was cool to us in her class because we knew better - like it was our secret.
Well, it is good to be back to Blogland. Hope you've all had a great start to the month xx




"I'm a pro at reheating" ......LOL this cracked me up :)
ReplyDeleteWe must never underestimate the microwave/oven. Great for the not-too-chef-cooks like me.
DeleteHi Emmy:
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such fun (and funny) details.
Silly me... I just figured out that you are Australian. How I missed so many clues the first 10 times I visited your blog is a mystery to me!
Loved the snort comment the most!
Wishing you a happy week ahead!
Kim
Finding JOY in 6th Grade
It's funny, Kim. I don't think I'm "the typical Australian". But here on Blogland, I'm amazed how different some of it is (well just the little things I guess).
DeleteMuggle sports....I LOVED THAT LINE!
ReplyDeleteOh, and Huger Games obsession advice: Make everyone you know read the book (including your students) so you can make references every day. I say "May the odds be ever in your favor" at least twice a day!
Oh how I like the advice. I don't think many have read the books or even heard of the movie.
DeleteI was at Uni today and a wasp flew past us. Told my friend, "Watch it! Could be a tracker jacker!!"
Geeky inside jokes make my day.
Your cat has the same name as my state :) Thanks for your comments on my blog- they make my day!
ReplyDeleteJenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad
If your state is anywhere as awesome as my cat, then there must be something in the name =D
DeleteI love your currently super power... that was the one I was thinking of choosing. I also tagged you on my blog.
ReplyDeleteAmy
The Crazy Adventures of a University Graduate
The Crazy Adventures of Two Quilters
It's getting worse every year!! I tear up seeing people upset.
DeleteOhhhh, I'll have to check it out. It gives me an excuse to check out what you've been doing lately too xx
Good to read about what you're up to again! Arrghh unit assessments - they sue keep you busy! I'm also seeing The Hunger Games on Friday, I know I'm going to be disappointed because the movies are never as good as the books. I don't even like the look of the ads.... I hope I'm pleasantly surprised!
ReplyDeleteKylie
Down Under Teacher
P.S. I agree, muggle sports ain't my thing either!
So true, Kylie. I'm actually most excited about seeing Stanley Tucci as Caesar.
DeleteHave lots of fun and enjoy the Easter break
Sweet super power!! I just finished the first book of the Hunger Games, and am starting the second one. I know I'm going to feel the same way when I am done with them all. I already really wanted to reread the first one again, but I'm dying to know what happens! :) I love winter too, but it gets much colder here, lol. Hope you figure out life after
ReplyDeleteThe Hunger Games...if there is. The first book has had a major affect on me, so I can only imagine after all of them! Enjoy the rest of your week!
3rd Grade Times
Haha, our Winter is nothing... yet we still go on about how freezing it is!! (Harden up people!)
DeleteHope you are still liking the books. There's something about them, hey.
Emmy,
ReplyDeleteI always love your positive attitude. How about some more fun. Tag. You're it. Stop by my blog for the rules. I am interested in your responses.
Learning in Bliss
Shucks!!
DeleteI'll check them out tomorrow xx
I know what you mean of the silly university assignments! I've been super busy with those too!
ReplyDeleteOne of my most memorable teachers was a grade six teacher as well, who had a scary reputation before I was in his class. He ended up becoming one of the main inspirations for me to want to teach though! It's funny how things turn out sometimes :)
Reading the hunger games is on my "to do list" after I finish my practicum and have time to do stuff again :) Very excited!!!
I have to stop by your blog to see if you've started prac yet.
DeleteAnd you're right... I guess these teachers with reputations just want to make it interesting.
Good lluck with your assignments Satya x
I'm your newest follower :) Come by and visit.
ReplyDelete❤ Mor Zrihen from...
A Teacher's Treasure
Teaching Treasures Shop
Hiya Mor. Thank you. I follow your blog religiously... especially your foldables.
DeleteGreat Blog - I am your newest follower!
ReplyDeleteAdrienne
Unless Teaching
Hello Adrienne. I'll be stopping by your blog soon
DeleteLove, love, love you blog!!! I hope to be a student teacher in a couple of semesters myself! Thanks so much for creating a blog for US! Love your blog design as well!
ReplyDeleteHappy Teaching!
Jess
Hey there! We miss you! Come back soon!
ReplyDeleteHope all is well!
-Simone
@busyasahoneybee.blogspot.com
Awwww, you are the sweetest Simone. Sorry for disappearing xx
Delete