I'm half way through my prac and so happy. The kiddies are responding to me and my system a lot better. I even got the cutest e-card from a student on Friday... awwwww.
Since I have taken over the Values Education unit in our class, we decided that our project for the remainder of this term and next term is a bystander public service announcement project. Our class is solely responsible for raising awareness about bystanders. We brainstormed ideas and it looks like we will be getting the word out at assemblies, through school-wide competition posters, and by making resources (maybe a claymation video or published books aimed at the lower years). We are going to rock it! Wo-hoo!
Last week in our Values Education class, we looked at how our values are explored through picture books that we loved when we were little.
*Scoff. The whoooole four/five years ago!!
Each group had a different book to brainstorm. So ones like Rainbow Fish looking at sharing, kindness, friendship, etc.
From there, we discussed how our values shape our actions and how these actions can have positive and negative consequences. Students chose a value and filled out this worksheet. They had to draw what it looked like and the positive and negative consequences and they did use that value. They then had to draw what it looked like and the positive and negative consequences and they did not use that value.
Here's a copy for you to download if you wish.
Please note that there are two copies of the same worksheet. The first in is English U.K. and the other is in English U.S. (Why can't we be friends - behaviour/behavior).
Have a good week everyone x

I just gave you an award! Come on over to my blog to claim it!!
ReplyDeleteJess
From Blood to Books!
Great worksheet, thanks. I'm your newest follower. If you get a chance visit my blog @ Calling Plays in 2nd Grade.
ReplyDeleteShanell