So here I am thinking this is such a cute idea... until it got to my birthday last week. I am one of those annoying people who adores birthdays - except my own. Not only am I getting older (wahhh!) but it's just another day in my eyes (no biggie). Imagine my embarrassment when my minions make me sit through the birthday person tradition.
You see, I did SIT through it (ba-dom-dom!)
Mind, as much as I wanted to crawl into a hole and hide, I was so proud of their memories. I say far to many made-up, wacky stories. They remembered how I tried to train llamas a few years ago.
To top off my birthday, I planned a brilliant lesson to introduce inferring. Actually I stole it. Lindsay from My Life as a Third Grade Teacher has a genius post, How to be a Trashy Reader... (haha) on using the teacher's neighbour's trash to have the class infer who lives next door. I owe her. Even my quiet minions were shooting their hands up to share their theories. Do yourself a favour, just go and check it out, okay?
These are the items I showed the kiddies:
The consensus: A single mum (no clues that there is a dad) who is wanting to renovate the house. She has three kids - one who has finished high school and is planning a gap year to London, a boy in primary school and a baby. They have a dog who likes to eat the soft toy cat's eyes (ewwww!).
Not too bad, ay?!
I'll share how we are learning to infer about characters later.
Much love to you all xx




No comments:
Post a Comment