Monday, 1 April 2013

Happy Easter every BUNNY + Nice to Make Your Acquaintance

Did you see what I did there?? I know, I know. It's punny!

I have come to realise a simple truth now that I have officially completed my first term as a teacher. It is incredibly rejuvenating to have two days in a row sleeping in. Yes. Two. Sleep. Ins. It's the small things in life...

On our last day of school before Easter Holidays, we talked about puns. The minions made a list of puns to include in their Easter card for their buddies. They were quite proud.

We also made some chalk drawings of Easter eggs.




They did have a giggle when I showed them this:


Linky Time!!

I'm linking up with Mrs Reed at Flying into First for the weekly Let's Get Acquainted link.

THIS IS A LINKY PARTY TO GET TO KNOW MORE ABOUT OTHER TEACHER BLOGGERS AND OF COURSE IT IS JUST FOR FUN!!!  DIFFERENT TOPICS EVERY SUNDAY!!!


This week: Favourites Survey (Go on! Have a lil look-see.)

Be warned though. I seldom can make just one choice. I am very indecisive.


Favourite Place to Shop
Did you read the warning?

Officeworks
I seriously lose my cool here. STATIONERYYYYYY! Freeeeeeeaking outtttt!
(Accurate representation of me at Officeworks)

City Chic
Biased maybe. I work at City Chic. Yes, I am still doing a lunch cover shift a week. But look what I just bought! It's purdy.
(Not as accurate representation of me in that dress... still.....)


Favourite TV Show
This remains the same from my 12 in '12 post.

The Big Bang Theory
The geekiness just makes me happy.

Game of Thrones
I blame my friend for buying me the DVD sets.

Solution:
Bazinga!


Favourite Sweet Treat
Pretty much anything in the dessert cabinet at Madam Tojo. Bonus points if it's cheesecake or something citrus. Omnomnomnom!!



Favourite Food
Pizza. Oh my word.
Arundel Pizza? Now we're talking.
Arundel Pizza's satay pizza? DING DING DING DING!! We have a winner!


Favourite Restaurant
Mecca Bah in Broadbeach, Gold Coast, Queensland. Moroccan/Middle Eastern and all kinds of yummy goodness. Sweet potato falafels with tahini sauce. Tagines. Turkish Pizza... Yup... I'm dreaming of it right now (could you really tell?!)


So, that's a bit more about lil' ol' me. Come join the party people!

Anyway, stealing my minions' genius pun creations - I hope you have an EGGcellent Easter fellow bloggers xx

4 comments:

  1. Found you through the Linky & so excited to be your newest follower. I am obsessed with the Big Bang Theory & your graphic for Officeworks made me laugh out loud!! I love school supplies.. I wish I had a whole room for them! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a dream that would be. It would be the definition of happiness to have a room of school supplies.

      Thank you for following Kelly xx

      Delete
  2. Funny post! I found your blog through the Let's Get Acquainted Linky. That dessert looks delicious! I am glad that you got to sleep in...I can't sleep in anymore, it's so sad. I always wake up early!!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess it's just the bliss of not waking to an alarm (three in my case). Thank you for dropping by Jessica

      Delete