Saturday, 17 March 2012

Guess What!?

I'm reading The Hunger Games!!

=D

First two chapters and WOW!

This will be addictive, I can tell.

I was going to start during the mid-semester Uni break -  in another two weeks - but after reading all the comments in my March Currently post, I couldn't wait. These ladies made me feel like I was missing out.

Oh, and it felt like I really, really, really was missing out because I could not find the book at Kmart or BigW?! I mean come on! Why tease me like that! ;)

Anyway, thank you for recommending it. Now that I finally have a copy, I can't wait to get into it.

Have a lovely weekend xx

10 comments:

  1. I just read the first two chapters of it last night too!! One of my students read through all three books in like a week and when I mentioned I wanted to start reading the first book she was quick to let me borrow her copy! Love it! Another one of my students and I are having a competition to see who can finish the quickest... and with my new blogging addiction I think she may win... :)

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really!!

    Haha

    How gorgeous are the two girls.

    Well good luck choosing between blogging and reading, Molly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to start reading them! I HAVE to wait until Spring Break though...I get sucked into really good books and do NOTHING else until they are done. Can't afford that right now! I can't wait to hear what you think!

    ~Mimi
    5thGradeRocks,5thGradeRules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. Like I said, that was my plan too.

      I've "accidentally" kept reading. And I have an assignment due on Monday! Oopsie!

      Delete
  4. YAYYYYY! I am already counting down to Friday when the movie is released! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurry up Friday!

      Will you see it over that weekend then, Ms. D?

      Will you please let me know if you think I should read the three books before seeing the movie? x

      Delete
  5. My friend recently recommended that book to me as well, and it's #1 on my books to read list! She told me that reading the books before the movie would be a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I have my copy sitting on my dinning room table. I was planning on reading it during spring break, but I'm hearing so many great reviews that I might just start tonight. I heard it's a quick read. Do you think you'll finish reading it before the weekend?

    -tania
    Live, Love, Laugh in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a quick read, Tania. It's straight into the action - no fluffing about. And for me to say I read this in 4 sittings, a couple hours each, over 5 days... it's saying something (I'm a slow reader).

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you finish the series? I liked the first one and thought the second book was pretty good too, but the third one was just not up to par. I didn't/couldn't even finish it. :(

    ReplyDelete